Thursday, February 9, 2012

A to Z Promotional Opportunities for Authors #atozchallenge








If you haven't heard yet, in April there will be the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Last year there were over 1000 participants. The goal is to post every day in April (except Sundays with the exception of April 1st) and have each post go down the alphabet. Surrounded by Books Reviews is participating in that challenge. I love books, but I also love authors, and I wanted to spend a month celebrating the people who write the books we love.

Every day (except Sundays with the exception of April 1st), I will feature up to three authors on this blog by their last name (or pen name's last name). But I need authors. I can just find up to three, but I wanted this to be a promotional opportunity. 

What will I be asking from authors? It's simple. Fill in the form below with your name (or pen name if you use one) and email address. Since I'm picking people on a 'first come, first serve' basis, then if I don't have that letter filled out, then I will email you for your author information, such as bio, links, and author picture (if you have one). Then, this information will be posted on the blog during the A to Z Challenge. Also, if you aren't quite published but have a book contracted or releasing soon, you're eligible to participate too.


Example (I'll use myself so you can see how this'll work): April 20 "R is for . . ."

Cherie Reich is a writer, freelance editor and library assistant. She enjoys writing horror, fantasy, and mysteries, but she doesn’t let that stop her from trying other genres. Her short stories have appeared in magazines and anthologies, and her e-books include Once Upon a December Nightmare, The Best of Raven and the Writing Desk, and Defying Gravity. She is a member of the Virginia Writers Club and Valley Writers and placed third in Roanoke Valley’s BIG READ writing contest.


Sounds good? If so, fill out the form and I'll contact you soon.

All letters available still except: B, C, D, E, F, G, L, M, P, R, S, T.