Monday, May 7, 2012

A-Z Reflections #AtoZChallenge

 

First off, I would like to thank our fabulous A-Z hosts for all their hard work.

Arlee Bird at Tossing it Out, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Stephen Tremp at Breakthrough Blogs, Jenny Pearson at Pearson Report, Matthew McNish at The QQQE, Tina Downey at Life is Good, Jeremy Hawkins at Retro-Zombie, DL Hammons at Cruising Altitude, Shannon Lawrence at The Warrior Muse, Elizabeth Mueller, Damyanti Biswas at Amlokiblogs, Karen Gowen at Coming Down the Mountain, Konstanz Silverbow at No Thought 2 Small. 

None of this would be possible without them.

My theme for Surrounded by Books Reviews was featuring up to three authors per day. Thankfully, the authors who contacted me got their information to me at least by March 25, so all my posts were scheduled by March 26. I got my traffic to my author blog where I was featuring twenty-six flash fiction pieces to create the collection A to Z Flashes of Foxwick, but Surrounded by Books Reviews is over 100 followers. Yay!

I completely failed getting to a lot of blogs, but I'm so glad I got to the ones I did. If for some reason I'm not following you back, please let me know in the comments. I like to follow back, but sometimes I miss people.

There were a few blogs I read all their 26 posts.
Alex J. Cavanaugh - He featured bloggers and more!
Christine Rains - She had an awesome paranormal romance story. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next to Abby, Demetrius, and Tawa.
Fairview - She also was writing a paranormal story, featuring time travel.
Clarissa Draper - While she was gearing up for the release of her mystery novel, The Sholes Key, she gave us a real-life mystery every day.
Rachel Morgan - Rachel's Creepy Hollow series is fantastic, and she wrote flash fiction involving the creatures of Creepy Hollow.

Many more I dropped in when I could.

It wasn't too bad doing the A-Z Challenge for two blogs. I figure next year I'll do the same, but I think my theme here might be books in a series. I do love a good series, and this is a book blog. I featured the people behind the books this year and next year focus on books. Maybe alternate each year or something. I think I'll try to get all my posts done early too. It makes things much easier.

I want to plan less for April, so I can visit more blogs next time.

I'm not sure how the hosts could do better than they did for the challenge. Maybe if there were categories instead of a massive list, it might be easier to find bloggers with similar interests. At the same time, I do like the randomness of the massive list.

I can't wait for April next year!