Thursday, April 25, 2013

V is for Virals series by Kathy Reichs

 

For 2013's A to Z Challenge, I am talking about book series, particularly some favorite series as well as series I've been waiting to read for a LONG time.

V is for Virals series by Kathy Reichs

I love Kathy Reichs’ Temperance Brennan series, even though I’m a bit behind in the last few of the series. When I heard she was writing a YA series, I got really excited. I have the first two books, but I haven’t had a chance to read them yet. *sighs* The story of my life, it seems! But I can’t wait to read them.

Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan (of the Bones novels and hit TV show), is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.

As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.

Fortunately, they are now more than friends they're a pack. They are Virals.