Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hook Me: The Binding Stone by Lisa Gail Green



Title: The Binding Stone
Author: Lisa Gail Green
Publisher: Fuzzbom Publishing (May 12, 2013)
Genre: YA Paranormal

Book Description: Tricked into slavery by the man she loved, the Djinni Leela has an eternity to regret her choices.

Awakened in the prison of her adolescent body, she finds a new master in possession of the opal that binds her. But seventeen-year-old Jered is unlike any she’s seen. His kindness makes Leela yearn to trust again, to allow herself a glimmer of hope.

Could Jered be strong enough to free her from the curse of The Binding Stone?

First line: My eyes snap open the moment I feel it.
Last line read: Achan screams in fear as his tent burst into flames.

Overall Impression: The Binding Stone is told from the point of view of Leela, a djinni. Through her years of imprisonment with bad masters, she has hardened, but I love her newest master and feel like he can show her the kindness she needs. I like the glimpses of her beginning a thousand years before. So far, this is a fast-paced novel, which are the ones I like the most.

Would I keep reading?: Yes!