Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hook Me: Trials of Artemis by Sue London

Title: Trials of Artemis
Author: Sue London
Publisher: Graythorn Publishing (March 12, 2013)
Genre: Historical Romance

Book Description: Loving Lord Lucifer...

An independent bluestocking sneaks into a library to read rare Greek texts and ends up with a husband instead.

Jacqueline “Jack” Walters loves archery and Greek military history. In her third season she has failed to inspire so much as one marriage proposal and is planning to settle into the quiet life of a spinster.

Gideon Wolfe, Earl of Harrington, has been avoiding marriage but a case of mistaken identity in the library has left him saddled with an argumentative and unwilling fiancee.


First line: Jacqueline Walters barely suppressed a sigh as she looked around the ballroom.
Last line read: "I wonder if you do."

Overall Impression: I don't usually read historical romances, but I'd heard good things about this one and I was impressed. I easily related to Jack and enjoyed her exchanges with Harrington. And London had a way of making Thucydides very fun to read. It's a steamy and enjoyable sample, and I promptly went and purchased the entire book.

Would I keep reading?: Yes!