Monday, October 10, 2011

Books Released - This Week October 10-16


Every Monday (with some exceptions) I will post books coming out this week. If you have a book coming out and would like me to mention it during its release week, please click here for more details.

 
The Message by Lisa Rusczyk
Release Date: October 11
Publisher: Passionate Writer Publishing
Description: I came to this time through a time hole and I’m told I’m always in the present. That’s what the Yar Sirray said. She also said the time holes were destroying the Yars’ lives, that their world was plagued by them. They escaped and came here. People in this time on Earth accept the Yars as companions, but I don’t trust them. It’s something about their flat black eyes and sandy, scaly skin. Their answers to my questions are half-truths. I can tell.

The people in this time have the message, so they say. It makes them happy, peaceful, all similar. They don’t know how it started. All they know is how it’s transmitted - through bodily fluids. A simple kiss can do it. Azja seems different to me. He’s not as confident, not as limited.

I want to go home, away from the people and Yars with the message. I want to go back into the past, to my time in the twentieth century. I think I found someone who can help me, Leatherwood, but he seems to have plans of his own. Azja’s not the only one who stands out from the others.

Something about the message doesn’t seem right, but I can’t figure out what it is. I need to leave this world before I give in to my desire for Azja. I can never so much as kiss him or I will be infected too, and I don’t want that. Not right now, not with what I am discovering about the Yars.

Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison
Release Date: October 11
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Description: A modern retelling of the German fairytale "Tristan and Isolde", Tris and Izzie is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until -- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.
To Purchase: Amazon   

 
Without Tess by Marchella Pixley
Release Date: October 11
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Description: Tess and Lizzie are sisters, sisters as close as can be, who share a secret world filled with selkies, flying horses, and a girl who can transform into a wolf  in the middle of the night. But when Lizzie is ready to grow up, Tess clings to their fantasies. As Tess sinks deeper and deeper into her delusions, she decides that she can’t live in the real world any longer and leaves Lizzie and her family forever. Now, years later, Lizzie is in high school and struggling to understand what happened to her sister. With the help of a school psychologist and Tess’s battered journal, Lizzie searches for a way to finally let Tess go.
To Purchase: Amazon 

Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Release Date: October 14
Publisher: Tanglewood Press
Description: Under the bubbling hot springs and geysers of Yellowstone National Park is a supervolcano. Most people don't know it's there. The caldera is so large that it can only be seen from a plane or satellite. It just could be overdue for an eruption, which would change the landscape and climate of our planet.

Ashfall is the story of Alex, a teenage boy left alone for the weekend while his parents visit relatives. When the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts unexpectedly, Alex is determined to reach his parents. He must travel over a hundred miles in a landscape transformed by a foot of ash and the destruction of every modern convenience that he has ever known, and through a new world in which disaster has brought out both the best and worst in people desperate for food, water, and warmth. With a combination of nonstop action, a little romance, and very real science, this is a story that is difficult to stop reading and even more difficult to forget.
To Purchase: Amazon