Friday, April 27, 2012

X is for . . . #atozchallenge





For the A to Z Challenge, I will be featuring up to three authors per letter (via their last name). Some of the authors responded to my request for authors to promote. Others, I found. Please check them out and their books. Thank you!

I went far back in history to find our "X" author. Xenophon wrote about one of my favorite Greeks: Socrates.


Our "X" Author

Xenophon
Xenophon (Ancient Greek Ξενοφῶν, Xenophōn; c. 430 – 354 BC), son of Gryllus, of the deme Erchia of Athens, also known as Xenophon of Athens, was a Greek historian, soldier, mercenary, philosopher and a contemporary and admirer of Socrates. He is known for his writings on the history of his own times, the 4th century BC, preserving the sayings of Socrates, and descriptions of life in ancient Greece and the Persian Empire.


Now, if you like fantasy flash fiction, please visit my other blog participating in the challenge: Cherie Reich - Author. To find the other participants, click here.